Welcome to the new TDE forums!

We would be honored if you would join us.

Official Members click here to get your forum credentials.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generic Smuggler WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generic Smuggler WIP

Hey Dark Siders,

I’ve been working on a generic smuggler named Patrik Mikado for a while now. Here are some photos of the pieces I have collected for it so far.
    Pictures are the boots, shirt, blaster, belt rig, and jacket
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Here’s a picture of the pants, which need a little refinement
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Like where this is going. FYI, on the pants you will need to hide the back pocket(s).

Comment

Will sewing the pockets shut be enough, or must they be completely hidden?

Comment

One of those weird things that doesn't appear in universe for some reason. An untucked shirt or coat usually covers them up. Give that a shot first would be my advice since those can't be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikado View Post
            Will sewing the pockets shut be enough, or must they be completely hidden?
            I think your holster belt will cover up your rear pockets and not be an issue speaking from another custom smuggler. Love you style.

front-1.jpg

Comment

Here are some WIP photos from last week. I decided to simply use my ANH Han Solo pants because they already appear in-universe.

I’m concerned that the black jacket appears too wrinkled for approval, so I will likely bring it to a dry cleaner to have that sorted out.

I also have to exchange my holster rig. The rig I bought ended up being too big for my hips. The maker, Todd’s Costumes, was out of stock in my size, so I have to wait at least two weeks for it to come in.
              This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikado View Post
                Here are some WIP photos from last week. I decided to simply use my ANH Han Solo pants because they already appear in-universe.

I'd suggest changing something up, as it looks like a Han Solo from ANH in Rebel Legion. In The Dark Empire you'll want to be a smuggler with some weathering of the pristine soft parts and a little more towards the dark side. Right now your kit looks like a good guy, not a TDE character. Maybe it is changing the shirt color or brown boots or just using a pair of pants not related to your Han Solo kit, without Corellian blood stripes.

Comment

I love the bloodstripe!

Comment

Following Karl Darklighter’s advice, I do have an alternative pair of boots. These are part of my generic Jedi kit for Saber Guild. They are good boots but I do worry that costume judges might consider them too “Jedi-like.” Fortunately, the straps are removable, if that helps with the look. Pictured here is the left boot both with and without the straps.

If these boots don’t work, then I will have to change something else with the costume.
                    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I am considering swapping out the black jacket in favor of a long coat, in the style of Tobias Beckett or Hondo Ohnaka. Could I potentially get away with using a Beckett coat in its default beige color, or would it be better to get one in a custom color?

To help with increasing my character’s ambiguity, I bought a new shirt from Magnoli Clothiers at the following webpage:

https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/smu...rts-p-844.html

Attached are pictures of Tobias and Hondo for reference.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

The boots in the picture aren't too jedi like. Many boots are very similar in the galaxy. The shirt in the last photo looks great too. As for coats, either of the long would suffice I'd think. Just have to make sure it all goes together really.

Comment

I’ve order items from Magnolia also, I love their work. Very high quality and worth the price.

Comment

Working...
                          X